JENZA Paper Tear
Profile Image

Register for the 2024 RO ballot


Jenza Returner Canada

Second working holiday visas for Canada

Aussie or New Zealand passport holder and already used your IEC Canada working holiday visa? Go again with our Recognised Organisation (RO) letter. The first round of invites for RO letters will be drawn on the 8 Jan '24, so you must register in the RO ballot now for the chance of getting one from our 2024 allocation.

The draw for 2024 RO letters is 8 Jan '24, so register your name for the RO ballot now

JENZA Paper Tear

Take me back


What’s the RO letter and how do I get one?

The best thing to come out of our Canada manifest circle since Ryan Gosling’s cheekbones, JENZA is given an annual allocation of Recognised Organisation (RO) letters for Aussie and Kiwi passport holders. If you’ve already used your first Canada working holiday visa (IEC Canada visa), the RO is a second chance to live and work in Canada for another two years while you’re still 18-35. Applications for RO letters shift quicker than a hungry bear in salmon season, so to make it as fair as possible, we have a ballot system where names are anonymously drawn. The first round of invites will be drawn on the 8 Jan, so for the chance to get an RO letter, you must register for the ballot now.

Two girls hugging with caps on in front of a green woodland

Icon awesome-birthday-cake.svg

18-35 years

Icon awesome-thumbs-up.svg

Already used an IEC visa

Icon awesome-passport.svg

Aussie and Kiwis only

Icon ionic-ios-time.svg

23-month visa for Kiwis

Icon awesome-calendar-alt.svg

RO ballot now open

NZD $2,249

Work Canada Returner | NZD $2,249

You must be:

  • 18-35 (inclusive), meaning you must receive your Invitation to Apply (ITA) before your 36th birthday.
  • Australian or New Zealand passport holder.
  • Have not had an RO letter before.
  • No criminal convictions in the last five years.
  • Be able to show support funds of CAD $2,500.
  • Australian passport holders will be issued with a 24-month visa, and New Zealand passport holders with a 23-month visa.
  • You must enter Canada within 12 months of receiving your ‘Port of Entry’ letter.
  • Since COVID-19, you have been permitted to apply for your RO while in Canada on your first visa. However, this rule could revert back at any time.

Due to the high demand for RO letters (think Glastonbury tickets in the UK, minus the mud), to make it as fair as possible, we have a ballot system where names are anonymously drawn. The first round of invites will be drawn on the 8 Jan '24, so for the chance to get an RO letter, you must register for the ballot now. If your name is drawn, you’ll then have seven days to pay your program fee.

  • You will then receive your ‘Invitation to Apply’ (ITA) with guidance on how to apply for your visa.
  • Like your first visa, you’ll need to attend a biometrics appointment before receiving your ‘Port of Entry’ letter.

Our Canada partners, SWAP, are a Recognised Organisation (RO) of International Experience Canada (IEC), the government program that facilitates Canada’s youth mobility agreements. Because they’re awesome humans, they pass a limited number of RO letters to JENZA and our sibling brand, BUNAC, each year.

The RO is basically a golden ticket to work for another two years in Canada, and unfortunately, that golden ticket comes with a price tag. The administrative costs and fees for JENZA and SWAP to facilitate the RO letter is unfortunately much higher than the first-time Work Canada experience.

What's included

Everything you need to return to Canada for another two years – with one-on-one support from the JENZA Support Squad.
  • RO letter to work in Canada for 23 or 24 months (depending on your nationality)
  • Guidance on filling out your application
  • Support from the SWAP offices in Vancouver and Toronto

To secure your spot on the program you'll need to pay the full balance at the time of booking.

About our pricing

Our mission is to make working abroad more accessible. Meaning we do everything we can to pay our team, support our partners and make a profit – without screwing over the people who matter. Find out how our pricing works and the people involved in making your JENZA happen.

We also walk the walk, donating 5% of profits to our overseas scholarship fund.

What’s not included


We don’t recommend booking flights until your visa is approved.

Support funds (CAD $)

You are required to show proof that you can access CAD $2,500.

In-person biometrics appointment

This is a condition of your visa and currently costs CAD $85.

Travel insurance for Canada

You may be asked for your policy documents at immigration, so you must take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover you for your whole stay. For example, if you book a six-month policy to save money, you run the risk of your visa being stamped for that duration – not the full duration of your visa.

Visa fee Canada

This is paid directly to the Canada Embassy and currently costs CAD $272.

Canada police background check

You need to provide a police check for every country you have continuously lived in for 6+ months since the age of 18. The process and cost varies per country.

A girl faces a blue lake in Canada with a mountain in the background

You shaped travel

What our Canada roadtesters had to say

Before you’re even let loose on one of our JENZA experiences, it’s trialled by either a JENZA roadtester or member of our Youth Advisory Panel. Because if it didn’t fly with them, it’s sure as heck not going to fly with you. Meet Mia and Laura, and their 2-4-1 advice on moving from Oz to Canada. It will give you chills.

The JENZA blog


All the intel on Canada


Fun Stuff / Canada

Foods you need to try on your Canada working holiday

Hannah Jeffery

And why it’s okay to eat beaver’s tails without being branded a psycho.

Who you gonna call?

Let's talk Canada

Get some facetime with our amazing JENZA Support Squad. When they’re not posing for pool pics, they’re making your work aboard adventures happen with their endless enthusiasm and mad traveller skills. These include: parent whispering, visa geekery and the ability to pack a backpack in 30 seconds flat.


More ways to work the world


Did someone say ‘gap decade?’

JENZA Paper Tear
YouTubeIcon_White.svgTikTokIcon_White.svgInstagramIcon_White .svg

Privacy Policy

JENZA Travel (NZ) Ltd trading as “JENZA” and “BUNAC” in Australia and New Zealand is a company registered in New Zealand with company number 8177942 and registered address at 336 Broadway Avenue, Palmerston North, 4414, New Zealand.